Suffolk County Real Estate Litigation Attorney
Experienced Long Island Property Dispute Lawyer
Real estate is a substantial investment, and the resolution of disputes over real estate can have major consequences. Whether you are involved in a dispute with a neighbor, a bank or a municipality, skilled representation by an experienced lawyer can make a big difference.
I am Harold A. Steuerwald, a Suffolk County real estate litigation attorney serving clients throughout Long Island. I have been practicing law in New York for more than 20 years, and I have helped many individuals and businesses litigate all types of real estate claims.
Resolving All Types of Legal Matters Involving Real Estate
Real estate disputes involve complex issues that can be difficult to resolve on your own. As an experienced real estate attorney with a strong litigation background, I am able to help clients identify and pursue solutions to all types of real estate issues, including the following:
- Landlord-tenant litigation: I represent residential and commercial landlords and tenants in disputes over lease violations, holdovers and nonpayment proceedings and other landlord-tenant matters.
- Foreclosure defense: If you are at risk of losing your home, I can help you explore options such as mortgage modification and going to court to fight the foreclosure.
- Contract litigation: I represent buyers, sellers and other parties in disputes over alleged breaches of residential and commercial real estate purchase and sale contracts.
- Boundary and easement litigation: If you are involved in a dispute with a neighbor over a boundary line or easement, I can help you protect your property rights.
Zoning appeals and litigation: If your zoning or planning board application has been denied, I can help you appeal the decision through the filing of an
Article 78 proceeding in the Supreme Court.
- Real estate transactions: I frequently assist clients with real estate transactions and land use applications, applying the valuable insights I have gained through more than 20 years of legal experience.
If you are involved in any type of real estate dispute, you need a lawyer who is prepared to protect your interests at trial, in arbitration and in negotiations. To schedule a free consultation to discuss how I can help you, please contact my Suffolk County office at 631-286-0800.