Suffolk County Commercial Litigation Attorney
Long Island Breach of Contract and Business Dispute Lawyer
If you own a business, you know that lengthy legal disputes can be costly. If you are involved in a dispute that you may not be able to resolve through informal negotiations, it is time to contact an attorney whom you can trust to protect your rights and business interests.
I am Harold A. Steuerwald, a Suffolk County commercial litigation attorney with more than 20 years of legal experience in New York. A seasoned litigator, I frequently represent business owners, contractors, developers, builders and suppliers in all types of civil disputes — in and out of court.
Diligently Pursuing the Results You Deserve
Commercial disputes can be resolved in a number of ways. They can be taken to trial, argued in arbitration, or negotiated with the assistance of experienced legal counsel. I am experienced at using these techniques to resolve many different types of disputes, including the following:
- Construction litigation: Many of my clients are involved in property development and construction. Accordingly, I frequently represent suppliers, contractors, property owners, developers, architects and engineers in all types of construction litigation.
- Mechanic's liens: If you have not been paid for goods or services you provided for a construction project, I may be able to help you secure and enforce a mechanic's lien, one of the most forceful nonpayment remedies available.
- Real estate litigation: I am experienced at representing property owners, landlords and tenants in all types of residential and commercial real estate disputes, including landlord-tenant disputes, breach of contract claims and foreclosure actions.
- Collection matters: If you or your business provided a product or service for which you were not paid, I can attempt to secure a judgment on your behalf and then pursue further debt collection remedies against the company or individual that owes you money.
- Contract claims: If another business has failed to deliver the goods or perform the services you paid for, I can help you pursue legal recourse through a contract claim.
As with any decision involving the law and your rights, your choice of the lawyer who will represent you through the commercial litigation process, whatever it may be, is a very serious and important one. Whatever your legal issue, I will carefully review the facts of your case and discuss your priorities with you so I can select the best strategy for your specific situation. To discuss your case, please contact my office at 631-286-0800.